Thursday, April 12, 2007

School...

Today was a school day. I've learned this week I *could* get an A in history and Growth&Development. I *might* be able to get an A in Dance, likely a high B in Biology, and I'll be happy with a C in Lit. (LOL!) The A's are all low A's, but still A's.

My dad and I talked and decided that I'll take both summer sessions, and then another full load in the fall. *sigh* It's just so annoying, living with someone who know what he's talking about when it comes to school. I don't want to hear him tell me it'd be a good idea to take one two week class between spring and summer sessions, and then take classes in both summer sessions, and then I'll have a full year's worth of school done in 9 months. *sigh*

I know I got myself into this position, and I know I only have another year and a half before my free tuition runs out so I know I should take advantage of this, but it's just so daunting to think about. :-\

And my brother is whining to use the computer so I'll oblige him...

6 comments:

Jess said...

does that mean you aren't moving to MI or will you just be transfering to a school there?

Mom Overboard said...

Summer school is MUCH easier depending on what type of classes you take.

do NOT take a lit class - can you imagine all that reading in like 6 weeks? ew.

But health, writing, computer, history and even science classes are good in the summer. Most of the time it's a part time teacher who doesn't care about getting it 'all' in. If it's a regular teacher, then they've taught summer before and know you CANT fit it all in no matter what you try.

I always took summer classes so that I could get caught up or ahead and knew that they'd be easier. If you only take one course - - then make it a course you need to focus on to pass. Since it's the only class going on, you dont have anything else school-wise to distract you. Like I took accounting during the summer because I couldn't focus on it during the regular semester. You may not like it, but I think once you sit back and realize how much you got accomplished you'd be happy with it.

Anonymous said...

I think getting all your classes over and done with is a brilliant idea. Think how much happier you'll be when you're all done! ~Veronica

Lacey said...

I'm doing the same thing to get caught up, sweetie, since I didn't start until I was 20. Boo on summer 1/summer 2/maymester classes though!

Anonymous said...

are you still whining? my god, about having to take several classes and your Dad and his advice. Don't get pregnant and freeload off of your parents if you don't want to have to deal with this stuff.

Lacey said...

Sweetie, whoever posted that comment is a jackass and a coward. They're afraid of you; otherwise they would have said who it was.

A real friend will tell you to your face what they think; that person is just an idiot. Don't listen to them; just know you have true friends that are here for you. :)