Sunday, January 7, 2007

poor wonderful baby!

Caden has been constipated on and off since he's been on formula. Last night he was up every two hours SCREAMING and shrieking in pain. This is following a nearly three day reaction to his 4 month shots with a yucky low grade fever and fussy-ness.

He just can't seem to be comfortable right now and I dont know what to do. I dont want to give him any more tylenol because the ped said it can make things get stopped up, so why worsen the problem? I did dilute some apple juice and give it to him last night, but I dont like to do that without talking to a ped first. However FOBs insurance only gives me 500$ a year for him. (should change this year hopefully to more) so I can't risk taking him anywhere unless I KNOW it'll be covered. I'm already fighting with them about a claim they're denying, dont want to add another one.

HOwever, on top of all this going on, he seems to be learning how to fall asleep on his own! I'm SO excited! I still rock, feed, and cuddle him, but then three times now I've been able to swaddle him up tight and place him in his crib with his Bink and he nuzzles into the blanket and goes to sleep. I finally set up the angel care movement monitor so I'm going to stop worrying about his habit of having to shove his face into a blanket or bumper and trust the monitor to let me know if something happens. He jusT WONT sleep without his face covered. :(

So here's to my poor, wonderful, baby boy. For trying so hard to grow up while feeling crappy. And here's to me for getting through the night last night with only ONE episode of nearly loosing my temper at myself. Maybe my delivery of patience and calm is finally arriving?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

might be a bit late but try massaging his tummy gently following the track of his intestines. so from the bottom right up and around under his ribs and down the left. Also bicycle his legs and put his knees to his chest and then stretch them straight. Or a warm bath too. Also baby food prunes are good just a tiny bit. FYI apple juice can have the opposite effect you are looking for. Also my drs. office allows us to call and talk to a nurse without a charge.
BTDT mom hth ;)