Saturday, August 11, 2007

*sniff sniff*

This morning Cade surprised us with a lovely "poop crib". He had somehow taken off his diaper and then filled his crib with clumps of carrot poop. Oh yes, it was the kind of poop that you can tell exactly what was for dinner the night before.

And it stunk.

So my mom held his hands so I could wipe the clumps of poop off his legs so he could go in the bathtub, and then I stripped his crib sheets & washed his crib down. New sheets were put on, it all was perfect. After lunch we were ready for nap time and I gave him his bottle and shut the door as usual.

For some reason today he couldn't go to sleep and screamed for 30 minutes before my brother came into the living room and goes

"I got him to stop crying."

"How?"

"I have him the monster thing and he curled up with it and went to sleep."

DOH!!! I forgot to give him a blanket to cuddle with. I snuck into the room and watched him sleeping, but having the crying hiccups every few minutes, the kind you get after you've cried yourself to sleep, and I felt bad.

I mean, I felt really really bad.

What kind of mother forgets to give her kid a blanket to nap with when she KNOWS he needs one.

aye.

No comments: