Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Freedom...

This brings back memories... and yes I actually have CDs of old greats that I enjoy listening too.



I was driving along today thinking back on my childhood summers and how I used to go with my dad to Petoskey for his annual softball tournament. It was just him and I and his team mates. He would spend the day playing games and I would spend the day wandering along the shoreline playing in the rocks and the lake. I would be off on my own for hours at a time.

And it hit me, what the hell was my dad thinking? But at the same time, those are some of the best times I remember. And then I thought to my son, what is his childhood going to be like? I'm a big supporter of children needing "wandering off" time to play on their own and pretend whatever their imagination dreams up. I want Cade to have the opportunity to go out, get dirty, get in trouble, and come home for dinner and a bath.

off to catch up on "The Hills"

No comments: